- To provide a safe and supportive environment, that helps our members to build their social skills, confidence and self-esteem, while improving their writing, reading and communication skills.
- To organise writing workshops, social activities and networking events, produce our own literature and multimedia presentations.
- To enable our members to find their own voice, experiment with new writing methods and explore different writing styles.
- To help our members get actively involved with the planning, decision-making and running of the organisation.
- To promote the organisation and publicise the work we do.
- To offer training and support to help our members recognise the skills they already have, acquire new skills and to develop them further.
- To assist our members to take part in social and writing activities that are organised by other local and national groups.
- To encourage our members to help and support each other, and also to share their skills, knowledge and expertise, when they feel ready and able to do so.