Friday, May 22, 2009

LETTER FROM AMERICA #12

Just a short one this time, I wanted to send you this photo of a school ‘bus showing the hinged “STOP” sign. It was parked opposite this morning as Memorial Weekend is coming up, and, just like last year, four of the big ‘buses arrived at the cemetery with around two hundred school kids who replaced all the flags left last year on the graves of the Veterans. I went over and spoke to the Veterans who were supervising, I reflected that I was just a youngster to them despite getting to 73 next week, but they were interested in my tales of living in London during the blitz, especially an ex-USAAF gunner who said he had often wondered what it was like to be on the ground!

Well that’s all for now, hope you all have a good holiday weekend without too much of the wet stuff, we are forecast to have temperatures in the eighties but with a chance of late afternoon thunderstorms.

BFN
H

No comments: